Dates and Deadlines
Application and materials are due on the specified dates by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
Submit your application by the following dates, depending on which semester you plan to start:
- Fall – two weeks before the start of the semester
- Spring – two weeks before the start of the semester
- Summer – two weeks before the start of the semester
An application and all required materials must be received by the deadline listed above. Receipt of applications for admission and required materials after the deadline does not guarantee review. International applicants must adhere to the requirements and deadlines outlined here.
Before You Begin...
If you are a currently admitted Ball State undergraduate student with at least 75 credit hours and a 3.25 cumulative GPA, you may be eligible for the Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP).
AMP allows you to begin your graduate studies while still an undergraduate student! Start your graduate classes while completing your undergraduate degree where your courses double-count toward your bachelor’s and master’s degrees, saving time and money as you pursue your master's degree at Ball State.
As an AMP student, you will remain in undergraduate status and pay undergraduate tuition until you have fulfilled all requirements for your bachelor’s degree. Once a graduate student (upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree), your tuition and fees will be calculated as a graduate student and you will become eligible to apply for graduate assistantships. You will also be required to meet the GPA requirements for graduate study, which can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
Ball State is accepting AMP applications for the following programs:
- Master of Arts in Emerging Media Design and Development
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Public Relations
- Master of Arts/Science in Biology
- Master of Arts/Science in Sport Administration
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Educational Psychology
- Master of Science in Quantitative Psychology
How to Apply for AMP
To apply for AMP, complete the Graduate School application for admission by following the requirements listed for your program of interest. You will need to select “Yes” when answering: “Are you a current Ball State University undergraduate student applying to the Accelerated Master's Program?” This will ensure your application is considered for AMP admission.
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
A cumulative baccalaureate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Our program does not require you to take the GRE.
You will need to upload the following materials to your online application:
- current resume or curriculum vitae
- 500-word statement of purpose that explains
- personal information such as professional experience, academic achievements, and volunteer efforts
- your motivation and academic interests in a graduate public relations degree
- why you think Ball State University’s program best suits your needs
- if you are most interested in completing the program online, on campus, or by a mix of online and on-campus courses
- academic or professional writing sample(s) that best illustrates your ability to think critically and write clearly; the sample(s) should be 1,500 to 2,000 words in total
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
Applications are $60 per program.
You can pay your application fee (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- Ball State student currently enrolled in classes or alumni
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
- guest student seeking credits to transfer to another institution
- prospective student who attended a Ball State graduate program information session
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application. When selecting "I attended an informational session" option in the fee waiver section of the application, list the information session title and date.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.