Assistant Professor of Journalism - Public Relations
About Grace Park
Dr. Grace park is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Journalism. Dr. Park’s research examines the role of strategic communication skills in science related crisis cases, such as health and environmental issues, within a social media setting.
She has published peer-reviewed articles in journals including Public Relations Review, Disasters, and Health Communication Research. She has presented conference papers at the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Conference (AEJMC), International Communication Association (ICA), and International Public Relations Research Conference (IPRRC).
Dr. Park has taught Principles of PR, Branding for Advertising and Public Relations, Media Theory and Research method, Account Management, Strategic Writing, and Media Law and Ethics at Ball State University.
- Ball State University, Assistant Professor, Department of Journalism, 2018-present
- Treepple Tailored Health News: Health News Editor, 2016-2018
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Assistant Professor, School of Media and Culture, 2014-2016
- Ph.D., Journalism, University of Missouri
- M.A., Mass Communication, Kansas State University
- M.A., Mass Communication, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
- B.A., International Office Management, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Selected Research and Publications
- Hong, S. & Park, E. (2019). Look who is warning: Individual differences in motivation activation influence behaviors during disasters. Journal of Risk Research
- Kim, B., Park, E., & Cameron, T. (2017). Transparent leadership in top management inspires confident, even excellent, public relations performance. Asian Journal of Public Relations