Assistant Professor of Journalism
About Becky McDonald
Dr. Becky McDonald is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Journalism and heads the public relations faculty. Dr. McDonald is a professional turned academic, coming from a background in communications and marketing. She has served on numerous university committees including University Senate, University Promotion and Tenure Committee, the Search Committee for Dean of Graduate School and the College of Communication, Information and Media Marketing Committee.
- Ph.D., Communication Studies, Ohio State University
- M.A., Communication Studies, Marshall University
- B.A., News Editorial Journalism, Marshall University
- Ball State University, Department of Journalism – 1988-present
- The Ohio Dental Association, assistant director of communication and marketing and executive of publications -1985 to 1988
Public relations, journalism, communications studies.
Research/Creative/Publication Career Highlights
McDonald wrote two refereed publications, Social Movements and Public Relations and Sports Promotion. She also wrote a peer-reviewed article titled “Strain” for the Encyclopedia of Public Relations. She has authored or co-authored and presented more than 20-refereed papers at meetings and conferences.