Assistant Teaching Professor of Journalism
About Nicole R. Hendricks
Dr. Nicole R. Hendricks is an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Department of Journalism. Her research analyzes strategic communication and social media, image restoration theory and sports public relations. To supplement her interest in sports public relations, Dr. Hendricks works part-time for the Indiana Pacers in the Media Relations Department. Dr. Hendricks has a background in political public relations, sports and social media, and crisis communication.
- Ball State University – Assistant Teaching Professor, 2015-present
- Indiana Pacers – Media Relations Staffer, 2016-present
- Indiana State Senate – Legislative Assistant, 2007-2009
- Ph.D., Mass Communication from the University of Southern Mississippi
- M.A., in Public Relations from Ball State University
- B.A., in Public Relations from Quincy University
Research and Publications
- Nicole Hendricks (2019), “Sulivan vs. Kilrain: Mississippi’s Legendary Boxing Match,” The Southern Quarterly, Special Edition.
Honors and Awards
- Broadcast Education Association (BEA) “New Media Old Ways: An Analysis of Sports Media’s Depiction of Female Athletes on Instagram and Snapchat,” First Place for Sports Paper category, 2019.
- AEJMC, Toronto 2019, panel presenter: “The influence of sports in advocacy and community building.” This panel was comprised of sports public relations professionals, sports journalists and academics.