Great businesses are built on great products and services. Through our Six Sigma program, you will earn a Six Sigma minor and can become an American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA). ASQ certification is considered a global mark of excellence demonstrating individual proficiency in the CQPA body of knowledge.
When you are done, you’ll be positioned to help companies save millions of dollars by improving their business processes and product and service quality. Our graduates are successfully employed in quality related positions at companies such as Allegion, Chrysler, Honeywell, Progress Rail, Roche, and other major employers.
You can apply your Six Sigma knowledge to countless areas of business, including manufacturing, healthcare, engineering, accounting, marketing, education, call centers, distribution centers, hospitality, retailing, telecommunications, construction, the software industry, research and development, and even in military and defense. Some job titles include:
- director of business process Improvement
- manager of Six Sigma projects
- quality engineer/manager/director
- vice president of quality/process improvement
- Six Sigma process engineer
- Six Sigma director
- Six Sigma assistant to chief operations officer (COO)
- Six Sigma assistant to school principal or superintendent
Courses You Will Take
- ECON 221 Business Statistics (3) or equivalent course (e.g., GEOG 250, Math 221, POLS 210, PSYS 241)
- ISOM 355 Quality Management and Lean Six Sigma (3)
- ISOM 375 Six Sigma Foundations (3) (CQPA Exam Offered)
- ISOM 475 Advanced Six Sigma (3)
Elective Courses (One Elective Required)
- ISOM 300 Project Management (3)
- ISOM 361 Simulation, Modeling, and Optimization (3)
- ACC 306 Intermediate Managerial Accounting (3)
- MKG 350 Marketing Research & Analysis (3)
- Ball State’s special administration of the ASQ CQPA exam is offered fall semester in ISOM 375.
- A Six Sigma industry project is conducted with partner firms Spring semester in ISOM 475.