Maria Staton has more than 20 years experience as a teacher of English and has had her work published in national journals and international.
Ball State University
PhD in English (American Literature)
Ball State University, 2007, “Christianity in American Indian Plays, 1760s-1850s”
MA in Teaching English as a Second Language
Ball State University, 1995
MA in Linguistics
St. Petersburg State University, Russia, 1989
BA (Honors) in English
St. Petersburg State University, Russia, 1983
Research and Publications
- Dec 2017 (with Rabeya Jalil) “International Graduates: Pakistani Fulbright Alumni on Their Return to Pakistan.” International e-Journal of Advances in Education (IJAEDU). 3(9), 2017, p. 611-619.
- Jun 2016 "International Students in the U.S.A.: Portrayals in South Asian and Middle Eastern Diaspora Novels." NUML Journal of Critical Inquiry.14(1).
- Jan 2016 “Student Collaboration on Writing Projects.” Conference Proceedings. Lilly Conference on College Teaching (Oxford, OH).
- Jan 2015 “‘They preach, but practice not’: the Indian Prophet in Early American drama, 1800s-1850s.” International Journal of Language & Literature. 2(3).
- Dec 2014 (with Nedbailik, S.R., in Russian) “An Interactive Approach to Teaching English Composition: Communication, Collaboration, Technology (On the Experience of Participating in an Experimental Project).” Lifelong Education: XXI Century: The Quarterly Scientific Peer-Reviewed On-Line Journal. 4(8).
- Apr 2014 “Teaching Writing in the Active Technology-Enhanced Environment.” Journal of Research in Social Sciences. 2(1).
- Jan 2014 “The Indian Maiden on the American Stage, 1800s-1850s.” Humanities Directory, international journal of contemporary scholarship relating to the arts and humanities. 2(1).