A minor in design technology will teach you how to use computer-aided design hardware and software to prepare technical drawings and documentation that can be used in modern production, technical positions, and reports. You'll graduate well prepared to apply technical design principles in your chosen field.
What You Will Learn
- entry level technical knowledge of materials, processes, and applications in design
- interdisciplinary concepts and principles to solve design problems
- how to effectively apply digital skills to design applications
- team building and communication skills to successfully manage design projects
- professionalism, ethics, and how to effectively work with diverse populations in developing sustainable designs
This minor includes coursework in CADD for the production sector, 3D prototyping, digital photography, technical design graphics, and approved electives.
For a complete list of all the courses you will take and their descriptions, please see our Course Catalog.
How to Enroll
Students can seek assistance at an on-campus Advising Center to add a major or minor.