Are you interested in our Master of Science in Educational Psychology program? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications should be submitted at least four weeks before the beginning of the semester you wish to start.
- Fall – July 15
- Spring – December 1
- Summer – April 1
Before You Begin...
Ball State is authorized to accept online students from all U.S. states. However, certain states have regulations regarding licensing programs in nursing and education.
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by a regional accrediting association.
You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Our program does not require you to take the GRE.
You will need to upload the following to your online application.
- Two Professional References – Within the online application you will be asked to submit names and email addresses for two professional references. We will send them instructions on what information they need to provide for your application.
- Personal Statement – Write a brief statement that describes your career goals. What has drawn you to the program and to Ball State University? Indicate those assets that you believe will contribute to your success in graduate studies. Describe pertinent educational, research and professional experiences, and other qualities and interests that will be helpful for our evaluation of your application. Please limit to 500 words.
- Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
You can pay your application fees (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
- applications for degree and nondegree programs – $60 per program
- applications for certificates and licensures – $20 per certificate or licensure
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- previous Ball State student (enrolled after high school)
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status