Are you interested in our MS in Educational Psychology? Then it’s time to apply. Admission to our graduate program means you need to meet the criteria and apply to both Ball State’s Graduate School and the program itself.
How to Apply
Admission to this program involves a preliminary screening by the Graduate School and a final review by the Department. The process for application is outlined below:
Graduate School Application Portal: Within the applications portal, indicate program selection of Educational Psychology (MS) as your program. Select the term that you are interested in starting from the options provided. If you are currently enrolled as a graduate student at Ball State University, you still must still submit an application to this program through the portal.
Application materials include the following:
- Official transcripts: Include transcripts from every institution attended, including transcripts from schools in which courses were transferred to another institution: If you are currently attending Ball State University or have attended in the past, the graduate school will obtain transcripts that are already on file for you.
- Results of the general Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE): Results must from exam taken within the last five years. Average scores on the GRE tend to be approximately the 50th percentile, but there is no specific minimum performance set. Official results should be sent directly to Ball State University. Use the code for BSU (R1051).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Intent/: Your cover letter should provide information on your academic and professional experiences that have prepared you to be successful in the program. You should also include information about
- Three references who will submit letters of recommendation: We strongly urge you to follow up with your references to remind them of the deadline.
- CV or Resume
- Writing sample(s) (optional, but encouraged)
Graduate School Application Portal
Applications should be submitted at least four weeks before the beginning of the semester you wish to start.
Approximate deadlines are:
- Fall semester: July 15
- Spring semester: Dec. 1
- Summer semester: April 1
For additional information email us.
Paying for Your Education