Departmental honors demonstrate your exceptional achievement in economics or mathematical economics. The designation appears on your university transcript and is noted in the commencement program and departmental records.
- Complete an independent study project in ECON 492 or HONRS 499 (Senior Honors Project).
- Earn a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Be eligible to take upper-level courses.
- Earn nine honors credits in a minimum of three upper-level (300-400) economics courses.
- During the first week of your economics class, inform the professor that you wish to take it for departmental honors credit. Courses are not guaranteed to be approved for honors credit.
- If the professor agrees, the two of you decide on the type of academic work required for honors credit. Departmental honors coursework must be in addition to regular course requirements.
- Obtain a departmental honors form from Student Services in Whitinger Building, room 147. You and the faculty member must sign it.
- Return the completed form to the Honors College main office, Ball State Honors House, room 104.
- At the end of the semester, the professor determines whether you qualify for departmental honors credit; however, no course grade below B will be accepted for honors credit.