Are you interested in our MA in counseling, MA in social psychology, or our MA with a dual major in social psychology and clinical mental health counseling? Then it’s time to apply. Admission to our graduate program means you need to meet the criteria and apply to both Ball State’s Graduate School and the program itself.
To learn more about this program and its requirements pleases download our supplemental booklet.
Download Booklet (PDF)
Admission to the master's degree programs is extremely competitive. Enrollment is limited to 40 to 50 graduate students per year.
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, as well as the following:
- submit GRE scores for review
- three letters of recommendation
- completion of at least 15 semester hours, or 24 quarter hours, of undergraduate psychology courses (educational, social, counseling, or general psychology courses are acceptable)
- a GPA of at least 3.0 in those psychology or related course
Strongly recommended experiences include:
- counseling or volunteering experience
- research experience (e.g., publications, honor's thesis, professional presentations, or research assistant experience)
How to Apply
The following are application materials that will be on Graduate School online application. The Fall 2020 Application will open August 26, 2019. Click on the Graduate School Admission Information below to start the application process.
Department of Counseling Psychology, Social Psychology, and Counseling
Graduate School Admissions Information
Our department evaluates application materials twice yearly, in the spring and summer.
The Clinical Mental Health & Dual Major application materials must be uploaded to the Graduate School by either:
The Social Psychology application materials must be uploaded to the Graduate School by either:
If you plan to apply for the June 1 deadline, you must contact the department before applying to ensure there are still spaces available.
Rehabilitation Counseling Program Deadline
The rehabilitation counseling track for our MA in counseling program has a rolling enrollment. You may apply for any semester. Applications to the rehabilitation track are evaluated as soon as they are completed.