Professor Nitcavic was a member of the Department of Communication for over 25 years and served as Department Chair for 15 years. Prior to his untimely death in 2005, Professor Nitcavic established a scholarship fund for undergraduate majors and minors in the Department of Communication Studies who actively promote diversity and the acceptance of difference within the department, university, and larger community. Such activities could address issues related to race, ethnicity, economic status, national origin, disability, gender, sexual identity, and/or age.
Scholarship awards may vary depending upon the number and quality of applications received and the funds available. Awards typically range from $500-$1500.
- be a full-time Ball State University student
- be a major or minor in the Department of Communication Studies
- actively promote diversity and the acceptance of difference within the department, university, and larger community
- possess a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following application materials to Christine Sprunger by 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 26, 2021:
- An application form (PDF)
- A list of diversity related activities, including a brief description (1-2 sentences) of their role/responsibilities with regard to each activity
- A typed, double-spaced essay of no more than 500 words in which applicants: 1) explain why they believe that promoting diversity and the acceptance of difference is important, and 2) how what they have learned in the Department of Communication Studies contributes to their diversity-related efforts.
- A current copy of the applicant’s DegreeWorks Audit.