Are you interested in one of our graduate programs? Then it’s time to apply!
Please review our admission requirements, dates and deadlines, and instructions. Then complete our online application.
Dates and Deadlines
Submit your application by the following dates, depending on which semester you plan to start:
- Fall – two weeks before the semester starts
- Spring – two weeks before the semester starts
- Summer – two weeks before the semester starts
Applications for graduate assistantships will be reviewed beginning February 1 and continue until all positions are filled. To be fully considered for an assistantship, you should have your application materials in by this date.
Before You Begin...
If you are an international student – someone who has or plans to acquire a visa to study in the U.S. – our International Admissions staff will help you through the admissions process and your unique requirements.
If you are a current, admitted Ball State student but have not taken classes for more than a year or if you received a "Re-Admit" error when attempting to register for classes, you need to select the:
“Re-enroll (previous Ball State graduate students only)” option under “Academic Intent” in the application.
Do not choose the Re-enroll Applicant Type if you are any of the following:
- a first-time applicant to a Ball State graduate program
- applying for a new or different program or certificate than one in which you are already enrolled
- previously applied for a program but never attended any classes
1. Review admission requirements and prepare materials.
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by a regional accrediting association.
You must have earned a minimum of a 2.75 GPA from the undergraduate degree-granting institution.
Our program does not require you to take the GRE.
You will need to provide three recommendations, which must include both a letter of recommendation and a completed recommendation form from each of the recommenders.
Download recommendation form (PDF).
If you plan to pursue a master of science degree, you will need to complete a thesis research project, which requires a faculty sponsor. If you do not have a thesis research sponsor at the time of your application, you must apply to the master of arts (non-thesis) degree program. You will be able to transition to a master of science program if you arrange for a thesis research sponsor at a later date.
Read our guide on how to find a sponsor (PDF).
2. Prepare your transcripts.
Ball State must receive transcripts for all applicants. Please review our instructions before you apply. (You do not need to submit Ball State transcripts in order to apply.)
Complete our online application.
You can pay your application fees (nonrefundable) with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Or you may pay online with an electronic check from a U.S. bank.
- applications for degree and nondegree programs – $60 per program
- applications for certificates and licensures – $20 per certificate or licensure
You do not have to pay the application fee if you are a:
- McNair Scholar
- previous Ball State student (enrolled after high school)
- current Ball State employee (full-time, benefits-eligible)
- veteran or active-duty military
If you are in one of these categories, make sure to select the fee waiver option in the application.
After You Apply
Log in to your application status portal below to submit additional materials, check your application status, and confirm your enrollment.
Check Application Status
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to email our graduate admissions staff, who are here to help you through this process.