You must apply by March 31 (or first business day after) to be considered for our master’s program. This is a rolling deadline. Applicants that apply after this day may still be considered.
If you are interested in an assistantship, your application must be completed by Friday, January 11, 2019 (or the first business day after). Learn more about assistantships.
be accepted to Ball State’s Graduate School
- hold a bachelor's degree in art from an accredited college or university
- have an undergraduate GPA of at least a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or a 3.0 GPA in the last two years of study
- letter expressing goals in pursuing the degree (If you are a new applicant and wish to be considered for an assistantship, be sure to indicate this on the Graduate School application and in your letter to the School of Art. Decisions about assistantships will generally be made in March and announced in April.)
- digital portfolio of artwork (links to websites are acceptable)
- current resume
- supportive material such as research and publications (if applicable)
Send this information to
School of Art
3401 N. Tillotson Ave.
Ball State University
Muncie, IN 47306
Email our graduate advisor.
Sequence of Study
The School of Art offers our MFA with an emphasis on Animation or Glass. You can complete the program in six semesters, which requires 60 credit hours of coursework. Learn more about the programs.