The School of Art offers several graduate assistantships to students annually.
Being a graduate assistant (GA) has many advantages, but most importantly, it offers the opportunity to gain meaningful professional experience while pursuing your degree.
There are two types of GA positions:
- Full-time – Work 20 hours per week and receive a majority waiver of tuition and a stipend, determined by the department.
- Part-time – Work 10 hours a week and receive a waiver for half their tuition and a stipend.
How to Apply
If you are interested in an assistantship, your online application must be submitted by Friday, January 14, 2022 (or the first business day after).
To qualify, you must:
- be accepted to Ball State’s Graduate School
- hold a bachelor's degree in art from an accredited college or university
- have an undergraduate GPA of at least a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or a 3.0 GPA in the last two years of study
Materials to Provide
- letter expressing goals in pursuing the degree (If you are a new applicant and wish to be considered for an assistantship, be sure to indicate this on the Graduate School application and in your letter to the School of Art. Decisions about assistantships will generally be made in March and announced in April.)
- digital portfolio of artwork (links to websites are acceptable)
- current resume
- transcripts for all college-level course work
- two letters of recommendation
- supportive material such as research and publications
Email our graduate coordinator.