|The Virginia B. Ball Center for Creative Inquiry is housed in one of Muncie's architectural icons, the Kitselman house.
Designed by Scudder Atkins of Hubert M. Gariott Associates in Cincinnati, Ohio, it was built in 1927 for Muncie industrialist E. Faye Kitselman, whose children donated the home and its 2.65 acre grounds to the Ball State University Foundation in 1956. Since occupying the building in 2000, we have strived to preserve the structure's period style, even while adding significant technological upgrades, such as wireless networking and a Dolby Digital theatre.
See some of the historical images of our house.