How to Apply
If you are an incoming Ball State University freshman, current student, or transfer student and you are currently in foster care or a former foster youth, you may be eligible for the Guardian Scholars program and scholarship.
The application package (PDF) contains eligibility criteria and directions to apply.
Guardian Scholars Scholarship Review Committee
Applicants for the Guardian Scholars Scholarship should submit completed application materials in hard copy to the address below. For fall enrollment, preference will be given to applications received on or before March 15, and no applications will be accepted after April 1.
c/o Guardian Scholars Program Coordinator
Ball State University
North Quad 245
Muncie, IN 47306
A complete Guardian Scholars Scholarship application packet must include the following:
- Completed Guardian Scholars Program Application Form (pages 3-4)
- Current copy of high school and/or college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable)
- A personal statement describing your goals and aspirations for college (page 5)
- A written Verification of Foster Care Status and Length of Time in Care (to be obtained from your local Department of Child Services county office) (page 6)
- Two original, signed letters of recommendation (e.g., from teacher, guidance counselor, CASA, Independent Living provider, DCS case manager, principal)