Tax Information

You will need to file tax returns if you have an F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 student visa. Learn about tax policies and how to file returns.

Health Requirements and Insurance

All international students need to undergo health examinations, as well as one specifically for tuberculosis. Also, you must have health insurance while studying at Ball State, including if you are a visiting scholar.

Employment Information

This section covers the kinds of employment that students with F-1 and J-1 visas may be eligible to apply for. It also contains information on related topics such as Social Security cards and Career Center resources. For more information on any of these topics, please make an appointment at the Rinker Center to meet with an international student advisor.

SEVIS Information

The Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is a critical tool in our mission to protect national security while supporting the legal entry of the more than 1 million F, M, and J nonimmigrants to the United States for education and cultural exchange.

Transportation Around Ball State, Muncie, and Beyond

Learn how to get around campus walking, taking a bus, campus shuttle, or riding a bicycle. You will also find additional information for travel to places around Muncie, Indianapolis, or Chicago.