We offer rolling admission, which means you can choose your start date:
- Fall 2021 Session 1: August 24th
- Fall 2021 Session 2: October 20th
- Spring 2022 Session 3: January 12th
Each program module will last approximately seven weeks. Full-time Intensive English Institute (IEI) students will be in class 20-24 hours per week. Class sizes may range from a few students to no more than 15 students per class.
Admission Requirements and Procedures
The Intensive English Institute is a non-degree seeking program. This means that applicants are not required to submit official transcripts. However, you must have graduated from high school. You can apply to the Intensive English Institute by following these 2 easy steps:
Submit an online application. There is a non-refundable application fee of $60.
After you are admitted, you will receive email instructions to fill out forms and upload the following documents.
- Passport Photocopy - a copy of the main photo page of your passport along with copies for any dependents (including spouse) that you plan to bring.
- Proof of Funding - you must prove your ability to pay for your living expenses and university fees through one of the following: personal funding bank statements, private sponsorship (family and friends bank statements or bank letters and a letter of financial support which we can supply), government or business sponsorship, or Ball State sponsorship.
Proficiency and Placement
Your English proficiency upon arrival determines the IEI course level at which you will begin. Once you have been admitted, you will be provided with information on how to take the placement test.
Continuing Study and Conditional Admission
IEI students interested in applying for undergraduate or graduate study in regular courses at Ball State upon completion of the IEI can be conditionally admitted. This allows IEI students to receive an official letter of admission to be used for government scholarships and/or visa purposes. IEI will also provide a TOEFL waiver letter for students under the conditional admission policy.