To promote and support multidisciplinary environmental education in natural settings for students of all ages.
The following objectives are defined to meet our educational and outreach mission:
1. Provide a diversity of opportunities for students of all ages and interests to observe nature and natural processes.
2. Provide hands-on training to teachers at all stages of career development that will enable them to expand their classrooms to include the natural world.
3. Coordinate interdepartmental activities in support of environmental education.
4. Maintain field properties for the purpose of providing a diverse array of natural and managed ecosystems.
5. Monitor environmental and ecological changes on field station properties using appropriate technologies, in support of property maintenance and educational objectives.
6. Provide an outdoor laboratory that supports investigations of sustainable land use and restoration of damaged ecosystems.
7. Provide opportunities for lifelong learning about the natural world to the broader community of east central Indiana.