On April 19th, the Ball State University Council on the Environment (COTE) celebrated its 10th anniversary of continuing work to celebrate university achievements, facilitate actions, and anticipate international, national, and regional developments in the greening of the campus arena; including:
- Leadership and support for the recent approval of a Minor in Sustainability – as a supplement to the award-winning Clustered Minors in Environmentally Sustainable Practices;
- Integration of sustainability considerations into university strategic planning;
- Staging of the Greening of the Campus Conference Series, the 9th one of which will be hosted on the BSU campus in March 2012.
During the anniversary awards banquet, the Council bestowed its Special Recognition Award, Exemplar Awards, and Green Initiative Awards to worthy recipients as well as Service Awards to past Council members.
The recipients included:
- Stan Keil, Ball State University (retired) Bronze Tree Plaque
- Verallia/Saint Gobain, Muncie, IN Exemplar Award
- Jason Donati, Muncie Sanitary District Exemplar Award
- Jim Lowe, Ball State University Exemplar Award
- Mary McConnell, The Nature Conservancy Exemplar Award
- Meagan Tuttle, Ball State University Green Initiatives Award
- Jonathan Spodek, Ball State University Green Initiatives Award
- Bill Morgan, Muncie CD Office Green Initiatives Award
- Student Computer Technology Group Green Initiatives Award
- Diana Saiki & Jinhee Nam Green Initiatives Award
- David Concepcion Service Award
- Robert J. Morris Service Award
- Vernon Draper Service Award
- Christina Weir Service Award
At the conclusion of the awards ceremony, Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School (and former COTE member) Dr. Robert Morris reflected on the council's history and influence on the campus environment. His comments can be downloaded here.
Georgia Direct Carpet
For further information, please contact the Council on the Environment at COTE@bsu.edu.