The Center for Energy Research/Education/Service (CERES) at Ball State University, is an interdisciplinary academic support unit focused on issues related to energy and resource use, alternatives and conservation. As described below, our mission is to serve the campus, local, state and regional communities.
- To maintain ongoing programs for the examination of state-of-the-art energy conservation and end-use practices
- To investigate alternative solutions to contemporary energy problems
- To develop projections and implications of the results of these solutions
- To devise means of implementing these ideas
- To disseminate findings to the appropriate publics—professionals, educators, policy planners, students and laypersons