At Ball State University, the Digital Marketing Summer Academy (DMSA) provides high school students the opportunity to explore career interests and get a taste of life on a college campus. The 2019 Digital Marketing Summer Academy, happening the week of July 15-19, is part of Ball State’s CADMA - Center for Advancement of Digital Marketing and Analytics. Courses offered at the 2019 DMSA are designed with 21st-century skills in mind, with a focus on innovation, collaboration, and communication. Workshop instructors are leaders in marketing and technology coming from all across the state. Their knowledge of content and social media marketing, as well as social analytics, will be reflected in the camp workshops.
Not only will participants develop new friendships and acquire new skills, but they will also learn about programs offered at Ball State University, the process of applying to the university, and opportunities for scholarships. Students will come away from DMSA with unforgettable memories and big steps towards the future.
Our Digital Marketing Summer Academy is for high school juniors and seniors. We have 20 spots available with scholarship opportunities as well. Here is what you'll need to apply for the Digital Marketing Summer Academy:
- Statement of purpose: What are your interests and ambitions? Why should you be chosen as a participant of the Digital Marketing Summer Academy? (500 words maximum)
- Minimum 2.66 GPA
- 2 References: You must provide contact information of two references when filling out the application.
The deadline to turn in all materials is June 7, 2019.
Tuition for the 2019 Digital Marketing Summer Academy is $750, payable via Eventbrite. This price covers all expenses for each student during the duration of the academy. Take a look at some of the things your tuition will provide you with:
DMSA participants will be staying in Studebaker East Complex on the east side of campus. All breakfasts will be served at the Noyer Complex with lunches and dinners both on and off campus. Bus transportation will be provided for all participants for site visits and social outings.
- Foundations of Digital Marketing
- What is a Digital Mindset?
- The Customer Journey: Behavior and Expectations
- Content and Content Marketing
- Online Advertising (Approaches and Principles)
- Online Present: Websites and Key Terms
- Email Marketing
- The Value of Social Media Channels
- Social Advertising and Targeting
- Reputation, Feedback, and Reviews
- Listing Tools
- Measure Your Efforts: Digital Marketing and Analytics
Participants will receive plenty of swag for attending the Digital Marketing Summer Academy including helpful items such as a padfolio for future interviews and a backpack for their week on campus.
There will be a social outing planned each evening for participants to take a break from the classroom and get to know the other students at the DMSA. Outings could include: a visit to the Escape Room, designing and printing your own poster at Tribune Showprint, bowling, rock climbing, etc.
Participants will have a project to work on during the duration of the DSMA that they can do independently or with other participants. Throughout the project, students will receive feedback on their process and the opportunity to present at the end of the week. This will give participants experience practicing time management and presenting their findings in front of a group.
If you are interested in applying for one of the ten Digital Marketing Summer Academy scholarships, the process is simple*! Make sure your resume is up to date and prepare a 500-word essay on the following questions:
- Why should you be chosen for a Digital Marketing Summit Academy (DMSA) scholarship?
- How would you benefit from receiving a DMSA scholarship?
- What do you hope to gain from the Digital Marketing Summer Academy (DMSA)?
*Scholarship submissions are included in the application form.
Ball State Student Employment
The 2019 Digital Marketing Summer Academy has open positions for current Ball State students. Learn more at Cardinal Career Link.