On the campus of Ball State University, the Digital Marketing Summer Academy (DMSA) provides high school students the opportunity to explore interests and get a taste of life on a college campus. 2018 serves as the founding year for the Digital Marketing Summer Academy as part of Ball State’s CADMA - Center for Advancement of Digital Marketing and Analytics. Courses offered at the DMSA are designed with 21st-century skills in mind with a focus on innovation, collaboration, and communication. Instructors come from careers in marketing and are some of the best that East Central Indiana has to offer. Their knowledge of content and social media marketing, as well as social analytics, will be reflected in the camp workshops. Not only will participants develop new friendships and acquire new skills, they will also learn about all of the programs offered across campus and the process of applying to Ball State University. Students will come away from DMSA with unforgettable memories and big steps towards the future.
Academy Dates: July 23 - 27, 2018
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the full agenda.
Ball State Student Employment
Positions are available for current Ball State Students. Learn more at Cardinal Career Link.
Our Digital Marketing Summer Academy is for high school juniors and seniors. We have 20 spots available with scholarship opportunities as well! See below how to apply for the Digital Marketing Summer Academy.
If you are interested in applying for 1 of 10 Digital Marketing Summer Academy scholarships, the process is easy! Make sure your resume is up to date and write a 500-word essay on the following questions:
- Why should you be chosen for a Digital Marketing Summit Academy (DMSA) scholarship?
- How would you benefit from receiving a DMSA scholarship?
- What do you hope to gain from the Digital Marketing Summer Academy (DMSA)?
- Statement of purpose: What are your interests and ambitions? Why should you be chosen as a participant of the Digital Marketing Summer Academy? (500 words maximum)
- Minimum 2.66 GPA
- 2 References: You must provide contact information of two references when filling out the application.
Priority deadline: Friday, June 29th.
$750 Tuition Includes:
- Digital Marketing Summer Academy T-shirt and swag
- Hubspot Content Marketing Certification
- Personalized feedback + Project Achievement Report
- All meals, transportation and lodging
- Coding Connector Workshop at the Innovation Connector
- Group session at Camp Adventure
- Valuable digital marketing education
We want our Academy participants to sharpen existing skills and develop new ones, but we also want them to have fun! Each evening, CADMA staff will be providing social events for campers. Events that may be included can be found below:
- A movie night on the lawn! Sprawl out on a blanket and watch a classic film on the side of one of Ball State’s buildings. A popcorn bar and photo booth will add to the fun.
- A visit to Ball State’s Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Campers can run off some energy on the court, in a battle of ping-pong, or on the rock climbing wall.
- How nice does a night at the beach sound? We’ll visit a local hidden treasure, Prairie Creek Reservoir for dinner and games by the water.
- Trivia Night at Cardinal Lanes!