Upon completing 30 or more credits and having declared a major, you will be assigned an Upper Division Advisor in that major. If still undecided, you will continue with your Freshman Advisor in the Freshman Advising Center (NQ 339) in University College who can help you consider options and make choices regarding a major.

Once you have a declared major and been assigned an Upper Division Advisor, you will also have an Upper Division Advising Coordinator,specialized on the basis of specific departments and programs. The Upper Division Advising Center (NQ 340) will send an e-mail notifying you of the services of the Upper Division Advising Center, and general information that introduces you to Upper Division Advising Center. Your new advisor may also contact you, but you should count on taking responsibility yourself for contacting your advisor.

Among other things, your Upper Division Advisor will assist you in understanding major requirements, monitoring your academic progress, preparing long-range plans for the completion of degree requirements, and planning for graduate school and/or careers.

The Upper Division Advising Center is located in NQ 340 (765-285-5490).

To schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, go to MyBSU and click on AdvisorTrac (located under "additional tools").  video tutorial on how to use AdvisorTrac is available if needed.