It is always important that before you take a class at another college or university, you confirm that the class will transfer back to Ball State.  For example, if you take a speech class at a local community college, you probably would like to know if that will “count” as your required core curriculum public communications course. Often your academic advisor can tell you how your transfer credits will apply at Ball State.  Your Advising Center representative may give you a form to complete and/or have you meet with an academic department prior to taking the course. Besides your academic advisor, another resource for finding this information is through the Transfer Indiana website.