Every year hundreds of undergraduate students transfer credits to Ball State from other colleges and universities. Some undergraduate students start out somewhere else and then find that their academic journey leads them to come to Ball State after taking a semester or two (or more) of classes at another school. If you are transferring from another school, you will want to make sure that the first thing you do is apply to Ball State. Perhaps you have always been a Ball State student but just want to try to take a few classes close to home over the summer and then transfer them back. Whether you have lots of classes to transfer or just a few, the process is the same.

  1. Once you have taken and passed (earned a C grade or higher) a class at another school, you will want to request that your official transcripts be sent directly to the Office of Admissions, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, 47306.
  2. When your transcripts have been received, the Office of Admissions will enter them into your current academic record at Ball State.  You can find out if this information has been entered by contacting your academic advisor.
  3. Your academic advisor can tell you how your transfer credits apply at Ball State. For example, if you take a speech class at a local community college, you probably would like to know if that will “count” as your required core curriculum public communications course. Besides your academic advisor, another resource for finding this information is through the Transfer Indiana website.

If you are planning to transfer out of the university, you will want to contact the admissions area and/or an academic advisor at the school that you wish to transfer to.