The most common ways that students can earn alternative credit for University Core Curriculum (UCC) courses are through dual credit courses taken while in high school, Advanced Placement (AP) credit, transfer courses, IB credit, departmental examinations, CLEP examinations, and military credit. Make sure you talk with your academic advisor if any of those options apply to you.