Students often encounter situations which require the beyond the normal way to select courses and find out how these courses impact their Ball State degree programs. For example, you might want to seek opportunities to study abroad or investigate the possibility of using transfer courses to satisfy the University Core or courses in your major. In these cases, it is best to contact the Upper Division Advising Center (NQ 340) to follow guidelines for approval.