The Teachers College (TC) Advising Center (in AC 224) assists sophomores through seniors who have declared majors in the departments below. In addition, all incoming transfer students (with 30 or more hours) will meet with an Advising Coordinator for evaluation.

  • Apparel Design (Family and Consumer Sciences)
  • Career and Technical Education (Technology)
  • Child Development (Family and Consumer Sciences)
  • Child Life Specialist (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Computer Technology (Technology) 
  • Construction Management (Technology) 
  • Deaf Education (Special Education) 
  • Dietetics (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Dual Major in Elementary and Special Education
  • Early Childhood Education (Elementary Education) 
  • Elementary Education (Elementary Education) 
  • Family and Consumer Sciences
  • Family Studies (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Fashion Merchandising (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Graphic Arts Management (Technology) 
  • Hospitality and Food Management  (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Industrial Technology (Technology) 
  • Industry and Technology (Technology) 
  • Interior Design (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Manufacturing Engineering Technology (Technology) 
  • Residential Property Management (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • Special Education
  • Technology Education (Technology) 
  • Vocational Family and Consumer Sciences Education (Family and Consumer Sciences) 
  • BGS (Bachelor of General Studies) - with minors or areas of interest in any of the areas listed above

Your Advising Resource Center is specialized on the basis of specific departments and programs. Once you have reached sophomore status, you will be assigned to one of six advising centers, strategically located in AC 224 . The Center will facilitate assignment of your new faculty advisor.

You should take responsibility to contact your new advisor, establish an academic relationship, and request their assistance as needed as you progress through degree completion. Your faculty advisor's name, phone number, and building location can be identified on your DegreeWorks audit, or by selecting "Current Degree and Advisor" under the Student Records link in Self-Service Banner.

Other services available through your Advising Center include:
- Graduation application, checklist and verification for graduation
- Transfer Course Equivalencies
- Assistance with your DegreeWorks audit
- Major/Minor changes, additions, deletions
- Registration Instructions