Take Steps to Celebrate Ball State’s Birthday Milestones in the Centennial Birthday Challenge! Teams averaging 60,000 steps/day will celebrate 100 years at the end of this 8 week challenge!!
Registration Deadline: September 5, 2018
Challenge Dates: September 6 – October 31, 2018
How to Join
Fill out your team REGISTRATION FORM and return to Working Well by Wednesday, September 5, 2018
How to Play
On a team of no more than 6 people, each person will track their daily physical activity using a Fitbit, pedometer or similar device. Any activity counts but should be converted to steps. All members of the team must report steps the same way (through Lifeworks or Paper Tracking). Working Well will provide a weekly leaderboard with each team’s accumulated step total.
This step challenge focuses on our physical, social and community wellbeing. Each team will be given a laminated “Birthday Cake” to display. As your team adds steps throughout the challenge, the team can proudly display a new birthday candle to celebrate each quarter century. Teams averaging 60,000 steps/day will celebrate 100 years at the end of the challenge. Take a picture of your team and cake display as you celebrate your team progress. Be sure to include #BallState100 in your social media posts!!
- Shorter 8 week challenge
- Birthday theme to celebrate Ball State's Centennial Birthday
- Get 840,000 steps to celebrate a Birthday Milestone
- Flat Charlie is BACK!
This challenge is more than just a physical activity
challenge. The Centennial Birthday Challenge also highlights your social and
community wellbeing. Throughout the challenge,
participants will have opportunities to earn “bonus steps” which will be added
to the individual’s total steps and contribute to the team total. Individuals are responsible for adding their
bonus steps to their individual step total each week. Bonus step activities are optional but
- Participate in the Walk Indiana event on Saturday, September 8. worth 1,000 steps
- Participate in United Way Day of Action – Friday, September 14 worth 1,000 steps
- Participate in a BSU Walk and Talk event on campus on any of the dates below. Must check-in with Working Well staff at start of walk to confirm attendance. worth 2,000 steps each
- Sept 18 @ 1:00pm in front of Arts Terraceworth 1,000 steps
- Oct 10 @ 3:30pm at Frog Babyworth 1,000 steps
- Oct 23 @ 11:15am in front of Rec Centerworth 1,000 steps
- Show us your Ball State spirit! Bring your "Flat Charlie" with you on your walks, workouts, and daily work activities. Take your photo and post it on social media with #BallState100.
- Twitter = @BSUWorkingWell
- Facebook = Working Well at Ball State University
- If you don't have a social media outlet, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- worth 500 steps per post. Maximum of 1,000 bonus steps from social media posts per week.
- Support your favorite Ball State Cardinals Athletics Teams! Attend any Ball State Cardinals home athletic game to earn additional bonus steps. Visit www.ballstatesports.com for schedules.
- Attendance at game is worth 1,000 steps. Maximum of 1,000 bonus steps from athletic events per week.
Reporting Bonus Steps
- If you are reporting steps via Lifeworks, record your bonus steps in Lifeworks or HealthyNow+ mobile app. You must report your bonus steps within the same reporting week you earned them.
- If you are reporting steps via Paper Tracker, add your bonus steps to your weekly total. You must report your bonus steps within the same reporting week you earned them.