Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 6-hour blended training—which focuses on the unique experiences and needs of college students—gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to the appropriate care.
The course requires:
- 2-hours of pre-work (that must be completed prior to attending the virtual class)
- Attendance in a virtual class from 8:30 am – 3 pm
Upon successful completion of the full course, participants will receive a certificate in Mental Health First Aid that is valid for 3 years.
If you'd like to commit to participating in this training, please REGISTER for a date that works for you. Class size is limited so make sure to sign up early. Please direct all questions to Working Well. Must be present for the full 6 hour instructor led portion to receive certificate.
- November 28 Register by Nov. 14
- January 13 Register by Dec. 16
- January 17 Register by Jan. 3
- February 13 Register by Jan. 30
- March 14 Register by Feb. 28
Currently, we are accepting registrations from Ball State Faculty and Staff employees.