Lower Your Diabetes Risk
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is a series of classes that can help you learn how to become a fat detective, muscle motivator, and make social cues work for you.
This program features:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-approved curriculum
- 16 weekly meetings
- Group support
- Monthly follow-ups for 6 months
- Program will be offered both in-person or via zoom.
Who Should Participate?
Individuals that are at risk for developing diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or wish to reduce Body Mass Index. This class is intended for individuals that have not yet been diagnosed with diabetes. Employees, spouses, and retirees are all eligible to participate. Join weekly in person (Health Professions Building, Room 113) or online (via zoom).
Only your time and commitment for the entire 16-week program.
To register call 765-285-1293 or email email@example.com
The LiveWell Workshop Series is a 15-week program developed by the CDC to prevent type 2 diabetes through healthy eating, along with weight loss and regular physical activity. The curriculum focuses on:
- Skill Building, Self-Monitoring and Physical Activity
- Responding to the external environment
- Psychological and emotional aspects of lifestyle change
Weekly topics include:
- Becoming a Fat and Calorie Detective
- 3 Ways to Eat Less Fat and Fewer Calories
- Healthy Eating
- Moving Those Muscles Being Active: A Way of Life
- Tip the Calorie Balance
- Take Charge of What’s Around You
- Problem Solving
- 4 Keys to Healthy Eating Out
- Talk Back to Negative Thoughts
- The Slippery Slope of Lifestyle Change
- Jump Start Your Activity Plan
- Make Social Cues Work for
- You Can Manage Stress
- Ways to Stay Motivated