Lower Your Diabetes Risk
The LiveWell Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) is a series of classes that can help you learn how to become a fat detective, muscle motivator, and make social cues work for you.
This program features:
- trained lifestyle coach
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-approved curriculum
- 15 weekly meetings—with optional weigh-in
- group support
- six monthly follow-up meetings
- pre/post biometric screening
Who Should Participate?
Individuals that are at risk for developing diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or wish to reduce Body Mass Index. This class is intended for individuals that have not yet been diagnosed with diabetes. Employees, spouses, and retirees are all eligible to participate.
Classes will meet Wednesday's starting September 12th and will run through December 19, 2018
Information Session will be offered August 30, 2018@ 12:30 p.m. in BL 215. Register Now
If you are interested in joining the new session, please contact the Working Well office, 765-285-9355.
Only your time and commitment for the entire 15-week program.
The LiveWell Workshop Series is a 15-week program developed by the CDC to prevent type 2 diabetes through healthy eating, along with weight loss and regular physical activity. The curriculum focuses on:
- Skill Building, Self-Monitoring and Physical Activity
- Responding to the external environment
- Psychological and emotional aspects of lifestyle change
Weekly topics include:
- Becoming a Fat and Calorie Detective
- 3 Ways to Eat Less Fat and Fewer Calories
- Healthy Eating
- Moving Those Muscles Being Active: A Way of Life
- Tip the Calorie Balance
- Take Charge of What’s Around You
- Problem Solving
- 4 Keys to Healthy Eating Out
- Talk Back to Negative Thoughts
- The Slippery Slope of Lifestyle Change
- Jump Start Your Activity Plan
- Make Social Cues Work for
- You Can Manage Stress
- Ways to Stay Motivated
- free biometric screening at the start of the program
- weekly confidential weigh-ins
- information on weekly topics
- free follow-up biometric screening upon completion of the workshop series benefit-eligible employees who complete a minimum of 14 sessions are qualified to receive the LiveWell incentive reward
After completing this 15-week program, you will be eligible to claim six points toward the LiveWell incentive.