Administering a sponsored project has a number of concerns beyond day-to-day fiscal administration.
Due to increasing compliance-related issues, Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA) offers dedicated support in the following areas:
- work with external and internal auditors for sponsored project related audits
- effort reporting
- cost-share documentation/reporting
- sub-recipient monitoring
- project closeout activities
Time and Effort
The effort reporting system at Ball State University is designed to provide a reasonable basis for determining and documenting salary and wages charged to sponsored projects. Federal regulations, as well as University policy, require that you certify time worked on a grant.
Your certification reaffirms you worked on your grant the same percentage of time that was charged to the grant. This applies to all external grants—not just federal awards.
Your certification is reviewed by auditors from the State Board of Accounts.
Failure to comply with this federal requirement could result in substantial fines to the University and jeopardize future grant funding.
Please review the following federal regulations regarding grants:
The following documents are the State Board of Accounts audits of Ball State University:
- July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
- July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016
- July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
- July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013
- July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012
- July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011
- July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010
- July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2009
- July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008
- July 1, 2006 - June 30, 2007