The aim of this program is to help new faculty members purchase supplies, research-related items, and travel to conferences or workshops with a one-time, $3,000 supplies, expenses, equipment, and travel (SEET) grant.
Tenure-track faculty in their first year of employment with Ball State University who have not received significant research-related or creative endeavor start-up funds from their department or college are eligible for the Start-Up Program. Faculty members receiving start-up funds greater than $5,000 and/or dedicated summer stipend from the department for research or creative endeavors are not eligible for this program.
To apply for this grant, faculty members (tenure-track only) in their first year must apply through our online portal. Recipients must also provide a final report.
2020 Deadline postponed to October 10th
Read the Guidelines (PDF)
Congratulations to the following recipients of this grant for the 2018-19 Academic Year:
- Ai-Chu Elisha Ding– TC - Support Dual Language Teachers' Technology Integration Design and Practices
- Andy Markelz- TC - Developing and Validating an Observation Tool to Assess the Quality of Behavior Specific Praise
- Tim Huang– CCIM - Exergaming Cognitive Functions: A Virtual Reality-Based Intervention for Older Adults
- Ghilherme Duarte Garcia– CSH - Bayesian Data Analysis in Second Language Acquisition
- Scott Dueker – TC - Teaching Prerequisite Numeracy Skills for Addition to Learners with Severe Disabilities using Video Prompting
- Grace Park –CCIM - Summer Archival Research in Kansas
- Daniel Overbey– CAP - Indianapolis High-Performance Building Cost Effectiveness Study