The aim of this program is to help new faculty members purchase supplies, research-related items, and travel to conferences or workshops with a one-time, $3,000 supplies, expenses, equipment, and travel (SEET) grant.
Tenure-track faculty in their first year of employment with Ball State University who have not received significant research-related or creative endeavor start-up funds from their department or college are eligible for the Start-Up Program. Faculty members receiving start-up funds greater than $5,000 and/or dedicated summer stipend from the department for research or creative endeavors are not eligible for this program.
To apply for this grant, faculty members (tenure-track only) in their first year must apply through our online portal. Recipients must also provide a final report.
The deadline for this program is September 20.
Read the Guidelines
Congratulations to the following recipients of this grant for the 2021-2022 Academic Year:
- Faezeh Soleimani (CSH) - A Novel Nonlinear Supervised Dimensionality Reduction Method
- Jennifer Rathbun (CSH) - Translating the Americas
- Scarlett Hester (CCIM) - Giving Voice to the Digital Diaspora
- Xinting Wang (CSH) - The Effect of Media Coverage on College Students' Attitudes Toward Policing and the Police Profession
- Betsy Pike (CCIM) - Creative Scholar ASPiRE Application
For questions regarding the ASPiRE Program, please contact the program’s manager or email us.