Last Updated: October 13, 2022
IRB Workshop Schedule
The Office of Research Integrity's IRB is providing multiple workshops that will cover specialized topics regarding IRB submissions. To view the workshop schedule, click here. If you are interested in attending any of the virtual workshop sessions, please sign-up here.
New IRBNet Forms
Please note that all supporting forms that are needed for IRBNet applications have been updated. The new forms are now available on IRBNet but can also be viewed and downloaded here.
Office of Research Integrity IRB Metrics for 2021-2022
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) has put together metrics of the protocols received and reviewed during the 2021-2022 academic year. If you are interested in reviewing the IRB's activity, please view our 2021-2022 metrics.
Office of Research Integrity Laboratory Safety and Inspection Policy
The Ball State University Laboratory Safety Policy is now available for review by Faculty, Researchers, and Staff. The Lab Safety Policy offers a comprehensive view of responsibilities, general laboratory safety, and the inspection procedures of designated spaces.
Office of Research Integrity Summer Newsletter
Are you interested in keeping up-to-date about important dates, changes, and helpful tips from the Office of Research Integrity? View our Summer Newsletter!
As we work on finalizing our redesigned website, we ask that you remain patient with any errors or glitches in organization, link function, and other aspects of the new site. Please feel free to notify our office if you come across any issues by emailing us as email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
Covid-19 Guidance For Our Community
- Due to office changes, the turn-around time for IRB protocol reviews may take longer than usual. Please visit our research proposal page for more information.
- The email address for our office as well as the IRB is firstname.lastname@example.org, not email@example.com. Be sure to indicate the correct email address in your proposal documents whenever applicable.
- If you experience continuous issues with IRBNet, please contact IRBNet's technical support team at (877) 261-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Travel Requirements and Research
**Please consult with BSU’s latest travel guidance for any changes or restrictions**
Resources Ball State Offers to Researchers
- Request a Training Session for a Class - We offer presentations on IRB Submission, Protection of Human Subjects, and Responsible Conduct of Research
- Peer Mentoring - If you have questions, schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with a graduate assistant to discuss your protocol before you submit it to IRBNet!
- Sponsored Projects Administration offers Aspire grants to faculty, professional personnel, and students in areas such as research, scholarly studies, and creative endeavors.
- University Libraries Guide for Literature Review Assistance
- The Research Design Studio provides help with research design, grant development, instrument selection and design, professional development and research mentoring, as well as synthesis and support of research collaborations.
Using Industrial Hemp and Hemp Related Products
For more information or if you have questions, please contact the ORI Director, Chris Mangelli at or 285-5070.
Office of Research Integrity Diversity Plan
The Office of Research integrity strongly supports the creation of a diverse university workforce and support for a diverse university research community. Read our diversity plan.