Last Updated: September 20, 2022
OFFICE OF RESEARCH INTEGRITY LABORATORY SAFETY AND INSPECTION POLICY
The Ball State University Laboratory Safety Policy is now available for review by Faculty, Researchers, and Staff. The Lab Safety Policy offers a comprehensive view of responsibilities, general laboratory safety, and the inspection procedures of designated spaces.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH INTEGRITY Summer NewsLetter
Are you interested in keeping up-to-date about important dates, changes, and helpful tips from the Office of Research Integrity? View our Summer Newsletter!
IRB summer news Letter
Are you interested in keeping up-to-date about IRB important dates, changes, and helpful tips? View our Summer Newsletter!
DO YOU NEED TO MODIFY YOUR APPROVED STUDY?
If you need to make modifications or amendments to an already approved IRBNet study, please refer to our Modification Guidance Document (PDF).
As we work on finalizing our redesigned website, we ask that you remain patient with any errors or glitches in organization, link function, and other aspects of the new site. Please feel free to notify our office if you come across any issues by emailing us as email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
Important changes to principal investigator (PI) of record eligibility
New Application System -- IrBNet wizard (SMART) Application
- The BSU IRB is pleased to announce that it will be implementing an IRBNET Wizard (SMART) form, an electronic-based application form for new projects. The Wizard application form will replace the current IRB Application form. The Wizard Application form will go live on the IRBNet on July 12, 2021 and will be available for researchers on July 15, 2021. The transition period between the old and new application will last until September 30, 2021. Starting October 1st, only the new application form will be accepted. For more information on the Wizard application and IRB submission, view the Submission Guide for Wizard Form and IRB Submission Checklist.
COVID-19 Guidance for our Research Community
- New, free CITI webinars are now available! Learn more.
- Due to office changes, the turn-around time for IRB protocol reviews may take longer than usual. Please visit our research proposal page for more information.
- The email address for our office as well as the IRB is firstname.lastname@example.org, not email@example.com. Be sure to indicate the correct email address in your proposal documents whenever applicable.
- If you are having difficulties downloading "Form A: IRB Application" or any other PDF file(s) from IRBNet, we recommend using Firefox as your browser and downloading the document(s) via Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- If you experience continuous issues with IRBNet, please contact IRBNet's technical support team at (877) 261-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Travel Requirements and Research
**Please consult with BSU’s latest travel guidance for any changes or restrictions**
Resources Ball State Offers to Researchers
- Request a Training Session for a Class - We offer presentations on IRB Submission, Protection of Human Subjects, and Responsible Conduct of Research
- Peer Mentoring - If you have questions, schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with a graduate assistant to discuss your protocol before you submit it to IRBNet!
- Sponsored Projects Administration offers Aspire grants to faculty, professional personnel, and students in areas such as research, scholarly studies, and creative endeavors.
- University Libraries Guide for Literature Review Assistance
- The Research Design Studio provides help with research design, grant development, instrument selection and design, professional development and research mentoring, as well as synthesis and support of research collaborations.
Using Industrial Hemp and Hemp Related Products
For more information or if you have questions, please contact the ORI Director, Chris Mangelli at or 285-5070.
Office of Research Integrity Diversity Plan
The Office of Research integrity strongly supports the creation of a diverse university workforce and support for a diverse university research community. Read our diversity plan.