Last Updated: May 6th, 2021
- Starting May 10, 2021, we will be switching to summer office hours. We will be available Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4pm until the start of the Fall 2021 semester.
- ORI staff members will continue to work remotely. We are still able to answer phone calls and emails from our remote locations, so please continue to reach out with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support.
COVID-19 Guidance for our Research Community
- Due to office changes, the turn-around time for IRB protocol reviews may take longer than usual. Please visit our research proposal page for more information.
- The email address for our office as well as the IRB is firstname.lastname@example.org, not email@example.com. Be sure to indicate the correct email address in your proposal documents whenever applicable.
- If you are having difficulties downloading "Form A: IRB Application" or any other PDF file(s) from IRBNet, we recommend using Firefox as your browser and downloading the document(s) via Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- If you experience continuous issues with IRBNet, please contact IRBNet's technical support team at (877) 261-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Travel Requirements and Research
** Please be advised that international travel is suspended at this time **
Resources Ball State Offers to Researchers
- Request a Training Session for a Class - We offer presentations on IRB Submission, Protection of Human Subjects, and Responsible Conduct of Research
- Peer Mentoring - If you have questions, schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with a graduate assistant to discuss your protocol before you submit it to IRBNet!
- Sponsored Projects Administration offers Aspire grants to faculty, professional personnel, and students in areas such as research, scholarly studies, and creative endeavors.
- University Libraries Guide for Literature Review Assistance
- The Research Design Studio provides help with research design, grant development, instrument selection and design, professional development and research mentoring, as well as synthesis and support of research collaborations.
Using Industrial Hemp and Hemp Related Products
For more information or if you have questions, please contact the ORI Director, Chris Mangelli at or 285-5070.
Office of Research Integrity Diversity Plan
The Office of Research integrity strongly supports the creation of a diverse university workforce and support for a diverse university research community. Read our diversity plan.