Ball State University seeks a visionary, innovative leader committed to making a sustainable impact on education and education systems to serve as the next dean of its Teachers College.
Reporting directly to Provost Anand R. Marri, the next dean will champion the mission and strategic plan of one of Ball State’s largest and most complex academic units and build on an ethos of collaboration and collegiality to advance an institutional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Paaige Turner–Chair, Dean of the College of Communication, Information, and Media
- Michelle Ryan, President’s Designee
- Adam Beach, Dean of the Graduate School
- Rebecca Brown, Department of Elementary Education
- Argnue Chitiyo, Department of Special Education
- Abigail Comber, Burris Laboratory Principal
- Ligia Gomez Franco, Department of Educational Psychology
- Dain Kavars, Indiana Academy Executive Director
- Mikayla Kirkling, Undergraduate Student
- Kendra Lowery, Teachers College Associate Dean
- Keith O’Neal, Muncie Community Schools Board Member
- Gilbert Park, Department of Educational Studies
- Stephanie Ann Ries, Department of Early Childhood, Youth, and Family Studies
- Serena Salloum, Department of Educational Leadership
- Michael Shaffer, Department of Educational Leadership
- Lydia Stanton-Roark, Staff Representative
Recruitment and Candidate Evaluation
Late December – mid February
Aggressive, active national recruiting; screening, and interviewing of candidates by WittKieffer.
Candidate Review Meeting
WittKieffer meets with Ball State University search committee to review candidates and identify semi-finalists for interviews.
First Round interviews
March 25 – March 26
WittKieffer prepares Ball State University search committee for first round interviews and assists with selection of finalist(s) for second round interviews; educational verifications and references conducted by WittKieffer.
Finalist interviews with a broad range of constituents on campus; candidate of choice identified from this round of interviews and negotiations commence.
Finalist Selection and Negotiations
Once hiring authority decides to extend an offer, WittKieffer can advise and/or assist with negotiations.
Final candidate accepts offer; appointment announced; WittKieffer supports smooth transition.
How to Apply
All applications, nominations, and inquiries are invited.
Applications should include a CV and letter of interest
addressing the themes in the leadership profile (PDF).
WittKieffer is assisting Ball State University in this search.
Application materials should be submitted using
WittKieffer’s candidate portal.
Nominations and inquiries can be directed to:
Philip Tang and Jenna Brumleve BallStateTCDean@wittkieffer.com