Immersive Learning Online Certification Modules: Apply Now
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 21, 2022.
This online training walks instructors through the tools and support needed to create successful immersive learning experiences for their students. These training modules are delivered through Canvas over three weeks. They include templates, articles, and helpful tips for getting a project started, writing a proposal, working with external partners, and using assessment strategies and rubrics that make grading easier. We have also included information on the latest university policies and added tips for remotely teaching immersive learning.
NOTE: Future immersive learning faculty mentors will be required to take this certification before designating their course in Banner.
Upon completion of this training, successful participants will be able to:
- define immersive learning and articulate its role as a high impact practice at Ball State
- identify external community partners
- create a comprehensive Immersive Learning Project Proposal
- develop assessment strategies to measure student learning in an immersive course
- recognize university policies that may impact the success of an immersive learning class
- receive permission to designate a course as "immersive" in the Banner course-building system
Training participants must complete an online application and receive approval from their department chair to participate in this training. Tenure-line, contract, and part-time faculty are encouraged to apply. Watch for workshop dates and information in upcoming Comm Center announcements or on this tab.
The next Immersive Learning Certificate Training Modules program will run from October 11 through November 3, 2021. Applications are due by 5:00 pm on March 4, 2022.