The primary role of the Immersive Learning Student Advisory Board is to bring a student perspective to Ball State’s immersive learning priorities, events, and initiatives. Board members liaise with students from their college and serve as a standing focus group that provides suggestions, ideas, information, and concerns related to immersive learning programs. Members will also serve as student ambassadors at university-wide events, including showcases and awards programs sponsored by the Office of Immersive Learning.
2022 - 2023 Immersive Learning Student Advisory Board
- Brooke Ackerman, College of Fine Arts
- Jake Ball, College of Health
- Carlie Boggs, Miller College of Business
- Conor Dailey, Honors College
- Rachel Johnson, College of Science and Humanities
- Samantha Joslin, College of Fine Arts
- McKenna McLeod, College of Communication, Information, and Media
- Mara Medors, College of Health
- Anna Paugh, Teachers College
- Tyler Rux, Miller College of Business
- Martin Spink, Estopinal College of Architecture and Planning
- Ian Tannenbaunm, College of Science and Humanities
- Sophie Thompson, College of Science and Humanities
- Cora Vercellotti, College of Health
Immersive Learning Student Advisory Board Responsibilities Fall into Three Categories of Activity:
- Represent the views, opinions, and concerns of the student body.
- Give input on proposed policies and procedures related to student participation.
- Provide feedback on ways to increase diversity and inclusion in immersive learning offerings.
- May serve as a student representative on additional committees including, but not limited to, the Provost Immersive Learning Grant review committee.
- Engage in peer conversations on how to improve immersive learning programming on campus.
- Help promote immersive learning opportunities to other students.
- Answer student questions at immersive learning events.
- Attend immersive learning events such as the Immersive Learning Showcase, Faculty Awards receptions, or faculty training.
- Represent immersive learning during Preview Day events.
- Respond to media requests or find students in your college who will share their story
Apply or Nominate a Student
If you are a student interested in serving on the committee or wish to nominate someone to this board, CLICK HERE.
The Immersive Learning Office will make a call for applications during the spring semester of each academic year. Student advisory board members are selected from a pool of nominations put forth by various campus units, but students may also self-nominate. Immersive Learning staff will interview top candidates as a part of the selection process.
To remain on the board, students must:
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA during the appointment and remain in good standing with the university.
- Attend two, 1.5-hour board meetings each semester.
- Serve as an immersive learning ambassador for at least one Immersive Learning event each semester. A list of events will be made available at the beginning of the academic year.
- Make themselves available to listen to student views and concerns.
- Actively participate on the board as a student representative.