A variety of university offices—with trained professionals—can address a range of emotional, medical, or legal needs that arise as a result of sexual assault, intimate partner or dating violence, or stalking.

You can use Ball State’s resources if the incident happened on or off campus, whether it was recent or in the past.

On Campus

Office of Victim Services 

The Office of Victim Services is home to our victim advocate. You can reach the office 24 hours a day for emotional support and guidance if you experienced sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking. The office also provides educational outreach.

University Police Department 

We encourage you to contact the University Police Department if you’ve experienced any form of sexual violence or you know of someone else who has.

Counseling Center

The Counseling Center provides short-term, focused treatment with a qualified therapist. These services are free. The center coordinates outreach programs relating to sexual assault.

Health Center 

The Amelia T. Wood Health Center provides a caring, confidential, and nonjudgmental environment to address your medical needs. The Women’s Center staff are specifically trained to work with patients who have experienced sexual assault.  

Title IX Coordinator

The associate dean of students and Title IX coordinator responds to student complaints of sexual harassment, sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking. Staff will provide support, explain policy, procedures, and options, and protect students from retaliation.

Health Promotion and Advocacy

Our Health Promotion and Advocacy office organizes educational outreach programs that strive to be fun and interactive, while informing students about strategies to maintain good health habits while attending college.

Student Legal Services 

You can meet with Student Legal Services to receive advice on legal matters. All meetings are confidential.

Off Campus 

IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital

Anyone who has experienced sexual assault or relationship violence should go to the emergency room at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. Even if you don’t believe you’re injured, this is still critical for collecting evidence, as well as screening for pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases. The hospital has nurses trained to address sexual assault.

Muncie Police Department

You can contact the Muncie Police Department to report a crime, receive the assistance of a Muncie victim advocate, or file to obtain a protective order.

Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network

The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) is a national nonprofit that provides an array of services, advocacy, and information. The organization also operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline, which you can call 24 hours a day to speak with a counselor.

A Better Way

You can turn to A Better Way Services Inc. in Muncie for shelter or advocacy if you’ve experienced sexual assault or domestic abuse. This nonprofit agency also offers a 24-hour crisis hotline, among other services.