We encourage you to contact one or more of the campus resources available to you if you have experienced sexual assault, dating violence, or stalking. There are confidential reporting options Victim Services, Health Center, Counseling Center and non-confidential reporting options University Police, Title IX Coordinator. All of these campus resources share the goal of supporting you and allowing you to work with them in a way that protects your health and safety.

If you know someone who has faced one of these issues but is reluctant to report it, consider helping with this step. Remember, these options are available even if the assault occurred off campus, and apply to students of any gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.

The university’s priority is to help victims/survivors. If you know of a sexual assault that happened when underage drinking or illicit drugs were present, you can report the incident without facing discipline for anything that might have violated drug or alcohol policies. This is amnesty.

Contact the victim/survivor advocate or police immediately after a sexual assault.

  • victim/survivor advocate: 765-285-3775
  • emergency dispatch: 911
  • University Police Department: 765-285-1111

Seek medical attention within 120 hours to have a sexual assault examination, which is a critical way to collect evidence.

University Actions

University police and many other officials on campus will share reports of sexual assault, harassment, intimate partner/dating violence, or stalking with the Title IX coordinator, who reviews the information and initiates a prompt response.

You can contact the university Title IX coordinator on your own to seek information, support, and action. There is no time limit on reporting assaults to the university.

The Title IX coordinator will help you identify your options, explain university procedures, and offer many forms of help and support. If you request that the incident be investigated, the university will follow a process outlined in the Ball State Title IX Policy or other applicable university policy.

What to Do Next

We will help you through your long-term recovery, both physically and emotionally, if you’ve experience sexual assault, relationship violence, or stalking.

Or if you know someone who is going through this, there are ways you can help.