We have created a taskforce led by Sue Hodges Moore, our Chief Strategy Officer, to guide and coordinate our University’s transition to a safe and sustainable operating environment. The Taskforce on Recovery and the University’s Transition (TRUST) is charged with providing recommendations regarding three major aspects of our planning processes:
- the safe transition of faculty and staff back to campus over the next few months
- the safe return of our students back to campus in August
- maintaining a safe campus environment during the next academic year
The 16 members of TRUST serve in a variety of leadership roles across all of the major divisions within the institution.
They have a broad range of expertise, including:
- academic administration
- student life
- business operations
- housing and dining services
- health and safety
- risk management
- athletics and events management
The task force is now organized into 15 “rapid response” teams that are assessing a wide variety of issues and challenges.
While drawing on their own experiences and knowledge, the members of TRUST are also consulting with other members of the campus community, with other universities and institutions, including IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, and with national public health authorities and experts.
Guidance and Recommendations
TRUST will provide us with specific guidance on various safety measures and precautions, including:
- social distancing and limits on the size of gatherings
- extensive testing and prompt results
- contact tracing and quarantining
- regular cleaning and sanitizing of facilities
- protective equipment for people and spaces
- travel restrictions
As TRUST formulates its recommendations, we will share additional guidance with you. And in early June, we will provide the campus community with more comprehensive information about our transition to robust, yet safe campus activities and operations.