Associate Director of Campus and Student Engagement
Judi Shafer, '85 MAE '97 EDS '04
Alumni Council TC Representative
When you receive your degree from the Teachers College, you join an accomplished group of more than 47,000 alumni. From the classroom to state educational administration, Teachers College alumni are making names for themselves.
You’re a part of our family.
Teachers College has many ways to be involved at a school and departmental level.
Teachers College Alumni Scholarships and Recognition
Teachers College Alumni Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of Teachers College Alumni, scholarships are awarded annually to qualified fall semester Freshmen through Senior teaching education majors. Submit your application and two letters of recommendation by Friday, May 12, 2023.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- A 3.0 overall grade point average is required.
- Students who have successfully completed DP 1 (Admission to the Teacher Preparation Program) requirements by the time grades are due in the Spring Semester of the application year.
- Demonstrated development of skills in the field of education.
- Other qualities considered are extra-curricular activities, interpersonal skills, leadership abilities, educational activities and experiences.
- Financial need may be considered.
- Awards shall be made without regard to sex, race, age, national origin or ethnic background.
- Must be enrolled in classes for the next Fall Semester.
Young Alumni Award
The Young Alumni Award is presented to a recent alumnus, age 40 or under, in recognition of outstanding early career achievement.
Outstanding Alumni Award
The Outstanding Alumni Award is presented to an alumnus in recognition of their significant contributions to their field or other area of society.
Career Achievement Award
The Career Achievement Award is presented to an alumnus in recognition of outstanding contributions that bring national acclaim and recognition to the Teachers College.
Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award is presented to a non-alumnus in recognition of their outstanding service and support for the Teachers College.
In recognition of an alumnus who has devoted his/herself to Teachers College. This extremely special award may not necessarily be awarded every year but only when a unique opportunity presents itself.
Given to a benefactor who provides significant financial support to the college.
International Alumnus Award
In recognition of an international graduate who has excelled in their profession outside of the U.S. This person should not be a U.S. citizen.
Innovative Education Grant
Ball State Teachers College Alumni Society annually awards grant money to graduates of Teachers College or any other educator program at Ball State University who have an innovative idea they would like to implement in a school, classroom, or other area related to education.
Apply for the Grant
Give to Teachers College
Want to give back to the Teachers College? Your generous philanthropy makes a difference. Give now to see how you can make an impact.