This Neoclassical style structure is the oldest building on campus. It was constructed in 1898 at a cost of $33,000 to house the Eastern Indiana Normal University, a precursor to Ball State. For several years it was the only building on the normal school campus and as such housed classrooms, offices, the library, and the bookstore.
The interior of this building has been remodeled to suit today's needs, but at the time of construction it was considered very modern. According to an 1899 school catalog, the building featured lavatories, gas heating and lighting, and a "force ventilator which changes the entire volume of air in each room every fifteen minutes."
Find out more about the Administration Building.