Originally known as the Library and Assembly Hall, this Gothic style building with battlements and tower was constructed in 1926. North Quadrangle was built to offer more space and hours than the original library, which was housed in the Bracken Administration Building. Both Ball State and the community used the Assembly Hall. This new library space was quickly outgrown, and the building was expanded in 1932 and 1953. In 1965-66, the Assembly Hall was converted to library space.
With the construction of Bracken Library in 1975, North Quad was converted to classroom and office space. In 2011, renovations consisted of converting the stack space into classrooms, improved accessibility, enhancements to offices and classrooms, simplified circulation paths, and mechanical, plumbing, and electrical replacement.
Find out more about North Quad.