DMR Known Search Errors
From Ball State University Libraries Wiki
Revision as of 13:01, 8 September 2010 by Aahurford
- Punctuation alters search results, often resulting in 0 hits
- Searching Smith's patent truss bridge in Wayne Weber collection results 0 hits. Query changes to Smith\'s Patent Truss Bridge
- Searching Fendrick's in Pierre and Wright gets 0 hits
- Searches using full text with other fields do not work
- Searching 1969 Letterman or 1969 and Letterman yields 0 results in commencement . Should retrieve 1969 commenecement program. 1969 from title, letterman from full text.
- Searching family Ptolemy in the American Almanacs collection gets 0 results. Should get Family almanac, 1885.
- Searches executed from home page search box don't properly pass searches on to PDFs. Works ok on splash page boxes.
- Search dogs. Changes to /dogs/.
- Sorting across all collections is weird. Relevancy doesn't work well. Changed preferences to alphabetical and still not sorting correctly.
- Try searching dogs or bible. Most relevant hits are buried.