GIS Day is Wednesday, November 20. To celebrate, the Ball State University GIS Knowledge Group will host an event in Bracken Library’s Schwartz Complex from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., where everyone is invited to:
- Learn about GIS resources on campus
- Present your GIS project in five minutes
- Show a poster of your GIS project
- Win prizes!
We are looking for faculty, staff, and students to give brief five-minute overviews about class projects or research that incorporates GIS methods. Contact Angela Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a five-minute block for your presentation.
There will also be a GIS poster competition for those who wish to showcase their GIS work. Posters can be printed for free in the Cooper GIS lab; contact Zaine Venter at email@example.com to have your poster printed for the competition.
Awards will be presented for the best presentation and the best poster entered!
What: GIS Day 2013
Where: Schwartz Complex, first floor of Bracken Library (includes BL 104)
When: Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – presentations
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – poster competition, Q&A with GIS Knowledge Group, browse info about GIS software and data resources on campus
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – presentations
Who: Everyone is invited to participate and encouraged to watch the presentations and vote for the best poster/presentation!