- 1 GHz PowerPC® G4 or G5 processors or Intel® processors
- 1GB of RAM
- 800 MB of free hard disk space for minimum installation (2000 MB for full installation with Gallery collections)
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or v10.6.x
- Safari 1.3.2 or later
- Adobe Flash player v10 or later
SMART Notebook Software Download & Activation
After downloading and installing the software you will need to enter the following product code to activate and use the Notebook Software.
Getting started & setting up SMART Board
Quick Reference Links:
Click here to view basics of using the SMART Board.
Flash interactive from SMART Tech on how to set the orientation Click here to view. NOTE: You will need to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player installed in order to view this tutorial. To download Adobe Flash Player click here.
Click here to link to SMART Tools Quick Reference PDF.
Click here to see Floating tools Quick Reference PDF.
Click here to see information on SMART Board Mac Welcome Center.
Click here for basic SMART Board hardware basics.
Using Microsoft Office software with SMART Board
Use Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® software with your SMART brand product.
Getting Started with SMART NoteBook Software
A summary of what’s new in SMART Notebook 10. View each tutorial individually, or watch the entire 30-minute overview.
- Tutorial 1: Activation
- Tutorial 2: Finding What You Need
- Tutorial 3: The Ink Layer
- Tutorial 4: Managing Pages
- Tutorial 5: The Properties Tab
- Tutorial 6: The Lesson Activity Toolkit
- Tutorial 7: New Tools in SMART Notebook 10
- Complete Tutorial & Overview: What’s New in Notebook 10 – A 30-Minute Overview (Flash file – 113 MB)
Overview of the Notebook software interface, writing in Notebook software and converting handwriting to typed text.
- Notebook Basics Learning Resource (PDF 1 MB)
- Tutorial: SMART Notebook Software Basics (Flash file - 1.4MB)
- Toolbars - Mac
- Collecting and Sharing Content -Mac
- Tutorial: The Notebook Gallery (Flash file - 2.1MB)
- Tutorial: Objects in Notebook Software (Flash file - 2.4MB)
- Working with Gallery Collections -Mac
- Tutorial: The Page Sorter (Flash file - 2.1MB)
The recently updated Lesson Activity Toolkit is a Gallery collection of customizable tools and templates, including activities, games and graphics, and tools that you can use to create professional-looking, interactive and engaging lessons.
- The Lesson Activity Toolkit (PDF - 251kb)
Learn how to create lesson material with Notebook software. Add interactive elements to get students involved.