- Click on the RapidWeaver icon to open the application.
- Click "File"and select "New Project".
- As with any new digital file, you should always save before adding new information. Click "File" and select "Save As". Select the location you want to save your file to and click "Save".
- Click on the + button to open the Page Type list. The Page Type list appears showing you several different page types.
- Most of your pages within your portfolio are going to be "Styled Text" page types. This page type allows for the easiest and most versatile way to add text, graphics, and links to your webpage. With that said, select "Styled Text" from the list and click "Add".
- A new page named "Untitled Page 1" has been added in the Web Pages List. By default, this page is your home page (or the first page visitors will see when viewing your portfolio).
- Change the name of this page by double clicking the name and entering anything you like. We suggest you call this page "Home" so that it is easy to recognize in the navigation menu. What you enter here will be used in the navigation menu throughout the site.
Adding nested pages:
1. Next, you want to add more pages following steps four through six. Add three more pages and give them the following names: "INTASC", "Principle 1", and "Principle 2".
2. Eventually, you will be adding ten separate pages, one for each INTASC principle. This will clutter your portfolio and make it difficult to navigate. To help keep your navigation clean and simple, you can group or "nest" pages under a single page. This will create a navigation where the pages that are nested will only appear when the top page is selected. Drag the pages titled "Principle 1" and "Principle 2" on top of "INTASC" and the pages will appear under the "INTASC" page.
3. Click the "Preview" tab and you will see that the pages titled "Principle 1" and "Principle 2" only appear when you hold your mouse over "INTASC". One thing to note is that the order in which the pages appear in the Web Page List is the order they will appear in the portfolio. If you want to change the order they are displayed in your portfolio, you must rearrange them in the Web Page List.
4. Now is a good time to save your current work. Click "File" and select "Save".