UGL Forum Rules
Welcome to the Urban Games League (UGL) Forums! These forums are the main meeting and communication center for UGL Members. These forums are a place to organize and discuss activities relating to UGL Games such as Humans vs. Zombies (HvZ), Dagorhir (Dag), Capture the Flag (CtF), 4Square (4Sq), Lazer Tag (LzT), and Assassins (Sin).
Registration: Registration on the forums is not required but highly encouraged. As a guest one can view the general forums but may not post. Upon registration users are granted the privilege to post and gain access to game specific threads open only to members.
Posting Guidelines: The UGL's forums follow the same general rules as do its games. The most important of these is rule #1 - Don't be a Jackass! In addition the following rules apply.Do:Be Polite
- The forums are here for the enjoyment of all UGL members. Be polite and treat others with respect. Bear in mind that just because you do not find something offensive or disrespectful does not mean others will feel the same.Tell Us Who You Are
- Put your name in your user profile, in the "Real Name" field. It helps people to know who they are talking to.Use the Report Feature
- If you see a rule violation, this lets the staff know to look at the thread/post and determine the best action.Stay on Topic
- Don't derail threads with your own conversation. All threads must have a topic appropriate to the forum it is created in. ex. Do not start a thread about Lazer Tag in the HvZ General Discussion forum. The ONLY exception to this rule is the Off Topic Forum.Think Before you Post
- Sensible, well-thought-out, legible posts are easier to understand.Do Not:Spam/Flood
- Refrain from the act of 'spamming' or 'flooding'. These acts are disruptive to the normal flow of things and are generally annoying. Spamming/Flooding includes walls of non-constructive text, repeated posting of the same thing, replying with only one word or image, or any other such activity. We’re all adults here, use your best judgment.Troll/Flame
- See "Be Polite" above. Insulting and baiting will not be tolerated. Refrain from attacking or 'flaming' other members. You don't have to agree with what everyone says, but keep all interactions civil.Hi-jack Threads
- Do not hi-jack threads, even in off topic! Hi-jacking is the act of intentionally taking a thread off topic, be it constructive or not. If you wish to start another conversation that is constructive to a current thread make a new topic and post a link in the previous one.Necro Threads
- If a thread has been inactive for some time (around 30 days), or has been moved to the archives please do not reply to it. If you wish to add to such a discussion start a new thread and reference material you would like to discuss.Advertise
- You can have a link to your personal (non-commercial) site in your signature, but links promoting outside websites or merchandise will be moved to Off-Topic, unless useful for the organization.Post Illegal Activity
- Seriously, if you do we are required by the University to take action to report it.Post Obscene Material
- Obscene material will not be tolerated. Any depiction, reference, or link to anything of a sexually explicit nature will be removed immediately.Spread Hate Speech
- Discrimination against the age, race, sex, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or sexual orientation of another member will not be tolerated. This includes the use of slurs, the promotion or expression of hate groups or terrorist organizations, or posting messages deliberately to offend or upset members of a social group.Never:
(this will result in an automatic ban)
-Posting or linking to any content malicious to computer hardware or software, such as viruses.
-Evading a Temporary Ban - If you're sent on a vacation for a bit, accept it and wait.
-Excessive or repeated violations of any of the above infractions (see Course of Action and bans)About Off-Topic:
-The Off Topic forums (Off-Topic, and Everything Zombie) are a place to post all random and silliness not related to any of the UGL’s official activities. It is NOT however a place to post offensive, rude, obscene, or disrespectful material. All forum rules still apply.About Images:
-Images in signatures can be no larger than 300px high. Users are allowed only 1 row of images in their signature.
-Images in posts can be no larger than 500px high.
-Images in Off-topic have no size limit, but it can be resized by a moderator if deemed FAR too large.
-Quoting of images is discouraged. It is not against the rules, but the image in the quote may be edited to a smaller size, or removed and replaced with a link to the original post containing the image.
(These rules have been added only so that topics are easy to read, and so that screen space is not dominated by images either in posts or in signatures. It is common courtesy. If you desperately want someone to see an image at its full resolution, either link to it or have the image link to the larger version.)Course of Action and Bans:
- Each rule infringement is taken case by case; the more severe the rule is broken, the bigger the punishment.
- Staff has the authority to override or skip any and all steps and issue whatever punishment is deemed necessary. This must be justified though, and is very rare that it should occur.Warnings
- Infractions which warrant action against a member will earn you a Warning:1st Warning
- A friendly PM sent to the offending user detailing exactly why they are being warned.. If immediate action was not taken, it will tell you to edit or fix the post that is in err. These warnings are logged, and will count against you for 45 days. In addition to a PM the post in question will be edited to either:
- 1) state that the user has been warned, and why.
- 2) or to have the content removed and replaced with a warning as well as the reason the content was removed. (This option will only be used in the event of strongly offensive or obscene post content).
- An actual Warning issued through the PHPBB Forum Software. This warning will remain on record for 90 days. 3rd Warning
- Further rule breaking will result in a temporary ban.*4th Warning
- As above, but will result in a permanent ban.*
*All actions taken after warnings must be approved by either the UGL Coordinator, Administrative Assistant or Webmaster. If one faces anything more than a warning or temporary ban both the Coordinator and Webmaster must agree upon the action taken.DisclaimerStaff
- The administrators and moderators are responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the site. If there is a misunderstanding or dispute, then please bring the issue up politely with that staff member in private. In all matters, the decision of the administration is final. The Administration has the final say on all forum related disputes. What an Administrator or Moderator says goes. If you feel that action taken against you was not in accordance with these rules please email either the UGL Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, or Webmaster. (You can PM any of the Global Moderators listed below)Contacting
- Please contact the staff if you have any questions or concerns: Global ModeratorsPlease note by registering for the UGL forums you agree to abide by these rules. If you have any questions/concerns please contact Andrew DeFrees (UGL Coordinator) or AJ Bergman (UGL Administrative Assistant) at email@example.com before registering.