The Events This Week email is sent weekly to all Ball State Students and is a program sponsored by the Office of Student Life for recognized student organizations to advertise their events. The emails will be sent every Wednesday afternoon, with the hope of highlighting programs (particularly on the weekend) while at the same time cutting down on the number of mass emails that are sent to students. Here are the basic parameters:
- Each message can be no longer than 75 words. Ideally, you will have a short message with a link to a website with any additional information. All of the basic information needs to be included, such as purpose of event, location, date, time, contact person, etc. Student Life reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity.
- This should not be used to announce regular meetings. A special recruitment meeting or program may be appropriate, but these should really be events where you would like to see a larger attendance.
- Events will be set to 'expire' so that they come off the Communications Center the day following the event.
- Off-campus events will not be promoted.
- Only events sponsored by Ball State University Student Activities Committee recognized student organizations will be promoted.
- Series of events, such as a 'week of events' should be submitted as one posting and it is suggested that a link to a Web site with additional information be provided. Specific events within the series, such as a major speaker or performer, may be highlighted as an individual submission.
- For events to be included in the Events This Week digest email sent each Wednesday, submissions must be received by 5:00pm on Tuesday.