all information carefully before completing this form to ensure that your application gets processed correctly. This application is for special undergraduate enrollment at Ball State University for the following circumstances:
- Reenrollment: If you previously attended Ball State as a degree-seeking undergraduate student after high school or have become inactive due to non- attendance.
- Reinstatement: If you previously attended Ball State as a degree-seeking undergraduate student and were academically dismissed.
- Guest Student: If you are enrolled at another college or university and want to take Ball State courses for credit to transfer back to your home institution.
- Audit Student: A student that wishes to sit in on a class for no academic grade or credit and will not be taking any other Ball State courses for credit.
- Non-Degree: If you wish to enroll for courses and not pursue a degree.
- Second Bachelor Degree: If you currently hold a bachelor’s degree from Ball State and wish to pursue an additional undergraduate degree.
- High School Student:
- If you just graduated high school and wish to attend Ball State as an incoming freshman, please complete the first time freshman and transfer student application.
- If you are interested in dual credit enrollment through your high school, please email email@example.com or call 765-285-1581 or 1-800-872-0369. Do not complete this application.
- If you attend high school and would like to come to Ball State’s main campus for early college credit. Please complete this application.
Admission as a ‘special student’ is for the term specified in your application. If you do not attend for that term, you must reapply. If you request early admittance after a final decision is made on your submitted application, you must submit a new application and delays could occur. All courses that you may have already registered for must be dropped before a new application can be processed.
If you are interested in financial aid
, you will be required to provide your Social Security number to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Only degree-seeking students are eligible for financial aid. Please visit the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
for more information or call 765-285-5600 to make additional inquiries.
To see Special Undergraduate Application and document deadlines for current and future terms, please visit the Office of Registration and Academic Progress
|First Name *|
|Middle Name *|
|Last Name *|
|Date of Birth *|| |
|Street Address *|
|Phone (include area code) *|
|Personal Email Address *|
|Ball State Email Address|
|Note: If you have not previously attended Ball State, your first correspondence will be sent to your personal email address. Your Ball State credentials will be available 7 days from the date of submitting this form. All future correspondence will be sent to your Ball State email. If you have questions about your credentials or Ball State email, please call 765-285-1517.|
|Application Type *|
|Term for which you are applying *|
|Have you attended Ball State in the past? *|| Yes|
|If yes above, when did you last attend Ball State (term and year)?|
|If yes above, did you earn an Undergrad Bachelor Degree from Ball State? || Yes|
|If returning to Ball State, have you attended another institution since leaving?|| Yes|
|If yes above, what institution(s) did you attend?|
|Date last attended|
|Are you applying to attend Ball State for the Writing Proficiency Program (WPP) course only?|| Yes|
|If yes above, what term are you requesting?|
|Housing needs *|
|Have you ever been convicted of a felony or have any felony charge(s) pending against you at this time? *|| Yes|
|If yes, please provide an explanation|
|Have you ever been dismissed or suspended from high school or another college/university? *|| Yes|
|If yes, please provide date of the dismissal/suspension, name of the institution, and an explanation of the circumstances.|
|Note: Applicants will not be denied admission to Ball State based solely on their disclosure of dismissal/suspension or felony. In addition to complying with federal safety requirements, Ball State is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe campus environment that supports and protects students in their quest for educational and personal achievement. |
|Online and Distance Education|
|An online student is defined as a student who will register only for courses through Ball State that are offered in an online format. These students will not be taking courses on campus or at other university locations.|
|Do you plan to take only online courses?|| Yes|
|Please indicate the online program you wish to enroll in|
|Have you ever completed an online course from Ball State?|| Yes|
|Were you previously an entirely online student at Ball State? || Yes|
|Not all Ball State courses are offered online. View our current catalog of available online courses.
The following information is to be completed as emergency contact information for all applicants. If you are a high school student, please provide Parent/Guardian information.|
|Parent/Guardian/Emergency Contact Information 1|
|Street Address *|
|Parent/Guardian/Emergency Contact Information 2|
|I certify to the best of my knowledge that the information given in this application is complete and accurate. I understand that any falsification or omission is grounds for immediate disqualification from further consideration for re-admittance to Ball State. I understand that all credentials submitted in support of this application become the property of the university and will not be returned.|
Further, I accept responsibility for requesting that official transcripts from all other schools I have attended be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar. I also understand that admission to the university does not guarantee admission to a particular academic program or major.
By checking below, I accept the terms of this agreement and wish for my application to be considered for re-admittance. I also agree to comply with Ball State’s Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
|I agree *|| |
|Date *|| |